What is compaction?
Compacting reduces the volume of dry and wet waste through, quite literally, compacting it. Compactors are used in a wide variety of industries for compacting waste – from food waste to general waste.
Like baling, compacting reduces the volume of waste materials.
Benefits of compacting
- Reduces space taken up by waste on site
- Easier to store due to regular shape
- Increases ease of transportation
- Reduced storage costs
- Lower transportation costs
- Reduced waste disposal costs
- Compacted waste requires fewer vehicles for transportation.
Examples of materials that can be compacted:
- Blister packs
- Cosmetics and pharmaceuticals
- General waste
- Wood pallets
- Food waste
- EPS (expanded polystyrene)
Our waste compactor range has been carefully selected using our many years of experience in supplying waste handling equipment. All of our compactors are made to the highest standards here in the UK. Reliability, quality, versatility and specification are key selection criteria.
All of our equipment is available on a fully maintained hire basis with very limited capital outlay requirement. Alternatively we can offer highly competitive outright purchase prices.
We professionally manage the whole project from assistance with selection through to ensuring timely delivery, installation, commissioning and training & certification of your operatives in safe ongoing use of the equipment.